31 Days of Spooks: Day 4 - Please Answer Carefully

 


Hey guys! Welcome to day 4 of our 31 Days of Spooks! Today's game is a short horror survey game called Please Answer Carefully. It was a short, simple, and yet creepy game made in 24 hours. The front screen says that it takes 5 to 10 minutes to complete, but it's closer to 5 minutes or less. I think my playthrough took about 4 minutes, but I also read pretty fast. 

The game does come with a content warning about being themed around a stalker. Rather than jump scares, this game uses audio to unsettle the players. Personally, I think that audio scares are creepier than jump scares. There's just something about the way that the audio hits. It's unsettling, and unnerving to say the least.

Speaking of spooks, this game also uses forced typing. If you don't know, forced typing is when the game allows you to type, but the text it wants is already programmed into it. For example, this game asked me to tell them I miss them, I tried to type no, but it changed the text to what it had programed. 


The game consists of 12 questions, and during my time playing, I was only ever able to get 1 ending. For being made in only 24 hours, I'm impressed. Even though it's short, it's effective. I makes you feel unsettled, feel creeped out. For that reason I highly recommend playing this game. It's available to play in browser, for free, on Itch.io. This game is also related to the game A Man Outside, which I will also be reviewing during our 31 Days of Spooks. 

I know this was a shorter review, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless! Thanks for checking out another day of 31 Days of Spooks, and stay tuned for more! Happy gaming!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope Lake: What Happened at this Boarding School?

Update

Times Gamers Passed Unexpectedly