31 Days of Spooks: Day 2 & 3 - Torchure & Come to Jesus

 Sorry for missing yesterday's post, I had a severe migraine and was unable to complete the post. However, that means you get two today! The first one is a game titled Torchure. Enjoy!



Torchure

Torchure is a first person dungeon game on itch.io, made for the Wowie Jam 3.0 in 2021. In this game your goal is to find a crystal skull. Easy, right? NOPE! This game was so frustrating! I enjoyed it, but it was frustrating. There were no instructions on how to play the game, which I thought was odd, but it's straightforward enough that you don't really have to worry much about it.

The game is very dark, and not in the themes. This game is literally almost pitch black, with the exception of the lantern your character carries. However, the game slowly gets more lit up, but only when your character dies... and it's very easy to die. Each time your character dies, the spot where they died is marked with a skeleton, but also the lantern they had been carrying. This leads to more and more of the area getting lit up and helping you progress. My favorite part was that each time your character comes back, they had a funny name. If you're like me, and die a lot, you'll get name repeats, but if not you'll get a wide variety of goofy names for each respawn.

I also really liked that this game was able to be played in browser, simply because I don't have a super strong computer for gaming. With having it in browser, I was able to play it without having to download anything. It's also nice because it's a relatively short game. Playtime ran about 10ish minutes, but for me it was longer. I'll be totally honest... I didn't finish the game. I got to the very end, died, and then would have had to do everything all over again. My brain was not in the mood for that bologna. Plus, I had to get ready for work. I did watch the conclusion on YouTube though. Honestly, I was basically at the end, and didn't miss much other than 30 seconds of running backwards and credits, so we'll count it.

Overall, is this a great game? I don't think so, but I don't think it's a terrible game. I think it's a great idea for a game, but it needs a little more work. I've attached the link if you're interested in playing it. It's free and you don't have to download it, so why not? Enjoy! 

https://itch.io/queue/c/4217563/browser-games?game_id=938788



Come to Jesus


Come to Jesus is a texted based game with multiple endings based on the choices you make. This game is free to play on itch.io, and is able to be played in browser. Times for completing the game can differ, depending on the choices, but for my playthrough, it took about 5 minutes. I was only able to accomplish one playthrough this morning, as I had to get ready for work. Basically, you begin talking to a stranger who asks if you want to hear about our "Lord and Savior". They don't specify, but obviously this is some creepy stuff. The air around the character you're interacting with is just... odd. I made the worst possible choices. You know, the choices that causes people to scream at horror movies because the person is doing something stupid. I got the ending where I'm accepted into the sect and offered to join their after sacrifice buffett and then work on recruitments the following week. I about died laughing! I've attached the link below if you wanna play, which I highly recommend. It's free and can be played in browser!

https://boneoctopus.itch.io/come-to-jesus



Again, I apologize for not getting the post out yesterday, but that's why you get two games today! This may happen a few times, simply with my schedule changing and still wedding planning, but I'm gonna do my best! Thank you all for your support, and happy gaming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope Lake: What Happened at this Boarding School?

Update

Times Gamers Passed Unexpectedly