The Supper



     I apologize it has been so long since my last post. Work has been insane and I haven't been able to play many games to review. Today is my day off, so I will be doing a couple reviews, to get my post count up.
     The Supper is a short, free point & click game available on STEAM. My attention was first drawn to this game when I saw that YouTuber, MrKravin, had played it. Seeing as how he was the YouTuber that got me into gaming, I knew I just had to play it! Just based off his thumbnail for his play-through, it seemed like a game I'd enjoy. It has the pixelated art style I enjoy, it's point & click, and it has an adorable main protagonist.
     In the game, you play as Ms. Appleton, an elderly woman who runs a restaurant with some unusual dishes. You start off the game with Ms Appleton taking a nap before her customers arrive. You have to prepare for them to get there by lighting candles and making sure the secret sauce is ready (don't worry, you find out the secret towards the end!).
     Soon, 3 odd men arrive at the restaurant with a chest. You're curiosity is aroused. What could be in the chest? Don't worry, you find this out soon enough. Ms. Appleton has been awaiting these men, and serves them each their order with her special sauce.
     Sadly, I can't give many more details about the game, or I may reveal too much and spoil the surprise. All I will say is, there is a twist ending that you may or may not see coming, but it's a perfect ending to this game!
     I really loved a lot about this game. It's short (which is nice when you don't have a ton of time to play), it had a nice soundtrack, the sound made when the characters talk is adorable (in my opinion), it it has a great plot executed so well in a short amount of time.
     The only thing I wish was different was that the game didn't guide you so much. For example, you have to serve the guests in a certain order to progress the game, because once you serve each guest, they give you something you need to serve the next. It's not a huge deal to me, but I've been seeming to find a lot of games like that recently. I also wish the game was longer, due to how much I enjoyed it!
     I highly recommend you check this game out, especially considering that it's FREE! I played it through STEAM, but it's also available on itch.io. If you play, let me know what you think!
Happy Gaming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope Lake: What Happened at this Boarding School?

A Game Like No Other...

Times Gamers Passed Unexpectedly