Wardwell House

     


     Oh. My. Word. THIS GAME! I have absolutely no words for this game and how incredible it is! I has such a unique style and the atmosphere keeps you on your toes the entire time! It is honestly one of the best games I've played in a long time and I can't forget to mention, it's FREE!
     The Wardwell House was created using real black and white pictures, and a program much like Facebook 360. This is a unique aspect to the game, and I've never seen anything like this before. It's a new twist on horror, and the 360 aspect of it makes the game seem even more tense, due to not knowing if something is behind you or not.
     The overall story is that you are a man who has been stranded on the water for weeks. You wake up one day to find your small boat has landed on a island. You go off, looking for food and a place to rest, but on your journey, find several unsettling items and scenes in the woods. You find your way to the Wardwell House, and make yourself at home. However, you are not alone.
     The controls are very simple for this game, as you only need your mouse. If playing on a laptop, you can use the built in mouse, but I recommend using a wire or wireless mouse, since it makes it easier to look around the 360 design.
     The game is short and sweet, but auto-saves after each scene change. To read all the dialogue and ensure I got the most out of the game, it took me about 45 minutes to complete. The game does guide you to where you have to go, and won't let you progress until you find each part of each scene to complete the story. These are identified by the little yellow dots.
     Wardwell House consists of 4 chapters for you to complete, which makes me kinda sad, because I wish it was much longer. It was able to unsettle and creep me out with the expectancy of the unknown. It manages to create a world in which the atmosphere causes you to scare yourself, with its slow buildup and soft, but unsettling, music. In addition to the music, there is minimal voice acting, sudden sound spikes, and what could be considered human interaction.
     Overall, this game is creepy, atmospheric, and unsettling.  The twist ending is great and the game kept me on my toes the whole time. I haven't played a game that has made me feel this uneasy in a LONG time. I simply wish the game was longer, and look forward to what the developers will come up with next. For a FREE game, this was amazing, and I highly recommend that you check out this game when you get the chance! Happy gaming!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope Lake: What Happened at this Boarding School?

A Game Like No Other...

Times Gamers Passed Unexpectedly