Unicorn DI-WHY


Ah, yes. Unicorn DIY. The game that has been popping up all over the place as interactive ads. I thought it looked kinda corny, but I ended up giving it a try. Big mistake.
While the unicorns you can make can be kinda cute (but several are not), that's about all this game has to offer, and even that is minimal. Basically, all gameplay is pick a skin color, pick a hair color, pick a prop (which you can't skip, which I hated), and pick a horn.
Once you've made your unicorn, you can drag them to the forest map, where they begin to eat the dead plants and new, alive ones replace them. I thought that was interesting, but I had my hopes crushed. The goal is to clear the dead forest for the new one. However, in order to do this, you have to watch the unicorns do it. You can't set them loose to eat and just go make a new unicorn. You have to sit there and watch them eat to make any progress. Ridiculous!
My biggest issue, personally, was that I turned the haptic (vibration) off. I have carpal tunnel in both my wrists and sometimes the vibrations make them feel worse, so I automatically turn it off. Plus, I find it annoying. Anyways, so I turned it off, but yet the vibrations continued. I tried restarting the game, turning it off and then back on, I tried everything I could think of! It wouldn't shut off.
While the game was pretty much garbage, I did like. For instance, how cute some of the unicorns were and the fact that they did make a little book to show you all yiur unicorns as you progress. However, this was definitely not enough to save this game. All in all, give this one a skip. Even if you think your child would like it, just skip it. It's not worth the time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope Lake: What Happened at this Boarding School?

A Game Like No Other...

Times Gamers Passed Unexpectedly